Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Setting (Animal Farm) #5


are there any settings in this novel which you have found to be
beautiful? or disturbing? or memorable? describe these settings and
Comment on why they were meaningful to you.
The setting of the book, “Animal Farm” is basically an imaginary farm in England. I don’t think the setting is beautiful, because a lot of kinds of animals are living in one place. Moreover, pigs are there too. So, I don’t think it is beautiful in anyway. In addition, it is disturbing but not that much. The setting itself is just disturbing because first of all, farm is just dirty and loud because of different kinds of animals. Since the setting of the book is just one place, I don’t really have a choice to find some settings that are beautiful and some settings are disturbing. The setting of the book is memorable because not many of the books chose farm as their setting. Moreover, looking at farm like our world and animals are metaphors for human. It is very interesting as a reader to read this kind of book. As I said, the setting of the story is an imaginary farm around 1918-1945. Some comments that I could make about the setting of the story is that it was creative for George Orwell to view the world like a farm and looking at people like different animals. Moreover how he had made so similar to reality. I think it was creative. It was kind of meaningful to me because not just the plot of the book struck me, but also the setting did. The setting is very astonishing because it happens to be so similar. As I kept thinking about the setting and the plot, as more and more I think in depth, I can see why George Orwell had chosen a farm to be the place of setting. The reason is simple in a farm many of different kinds of animals meet and live together. It is similar to our world. We meet different kinds of people and live with them in the same apartment, city, and country. So there is a close connection between a farm and our world. So the setting of the story is very creative, good and very memorable because of the reasons that I have mentioned already.

No comments: